Instant Vermont Criminal Background Check $24.95
Instant National Criminal Background Check $59.95
Vermont Criminal Background Checks by county $24.95 each
All orders include a free national sex offender and most wanted check.
- Instant Vermont Criminal Background Check
- Vermont Criminal Background Checks by County
- Free Vermont Sex Offender Registry Search and Free Most Wanted Check
The data sources for this state have been updated. Click here (PDF) for the most up-to-date info.
Vermont Criminal Background Check $24.95 and results are returned instantly.
- Inmates currently or recently incarcerated in the Vermont Department of Corrections (VT DOC)
- Criminal check fields: name, birthdate, committing correctional facility name, address and phone number
Vermont corrections background check update schedule: Quarterly
- Registered sex offenders under the Vermont Department of Corrections supervision or convicted after 6/30/1996
- Sex offender search fields: name, address, birthdate, description of person, location of crime, and type of crime
Sex offenders must register for ten years.
Vermont sex offender record search update schedule: Monthly
Vermont Criminal Background Checks include a free national sex offender and most wanted check.
Vermont Criminal Checks by County $24.95 per county (check for surcharges)
Results go back 7 years and take 5-7 business days to complete. Some may take longer due to court delays.
- Felony and misdemeanor convictions or deferred judgments
- Reports from the District Courts
Vermont counties that typically take longer than 7 business days to complete are: Addison, Bennington, Caledonia, Essex, Orange, and Washington.
Vermont Criminal Checks by county include a free national sex offender and most wanted check.
Click here for additional Vermont County information.
Vermont Criminal Background Data
The total rate of property crime in Vermont in 2009 was 2,442 incidents per 100,000 individuals, lower than the U.S. property crime rate of 3,071.5. The breakdown of the property crime incidents was as follows: 562.8 burglary incidents, 1,806.2 larceny/theft incidents, and 73.2 motor vehicle theft incidents.
- In 2012 the population in Vermont was estimated to be 626,011. The population increased 0% from April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2012.
- In 2011 there were 0.3 million households in Vermont. The average household size was 2.3 people.
- 96% of the people living in Vermont in 2011 were native residents of the United States. 51% of these residents were born in Vermont. Of the foreign-born population in Vermont (24,243), 39% were not U.S. citizens.
- 95% of the population in Vermont (five years and older) speak only English in the home.
- In 2011 87% lived in the same house as one year earlier.
- 92% had graduated high school or had achieved a higher level of education. 35% had achieved a Bachelor’s degree or higher. 34% were in college or graduate school in 2011
Vermont Criminal, Population and Household Background Data Source: U.S. Census and FBI
Other Vermont Background Data
Major Cities Located in Vermont: Barre in Washington County, Burlington in Chittenden County, Montpelier in Washington County, Rutland in Rutland County, South Burlington in Chittenden County