Instant Texas Criminal Background Check $24.95
Instant National Criminal Background Check $59.95
Texas Criminal Background Checks by county $24.95 each
All orders include a free national sex offender and most wanted check.
- Instant Texas Criminal Background Check
- Texas Criminal Background Checks by County
- Free Texas Sex Offender Registry Search and Free Most Wanted Check
The data sources for this state have been updated. Click here (PDF) for the most up-to-date info.
Texas Criminal Background Check $24.95 and results are returned instantly.
- Parole and conviction reports on incarcerated individuals, parolees and probationers from the state Department of Corrections (Texas DOC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ)
- Corrections background check fields: name, birthdate, physical details, date of filing, and additional data
Texas corrections background check update schedule: Monthly
- Felony and state-level misdemeanors from the Texas Department of Public Safety TxDPS
- Background check fields: name, birthdate, race, gender, and description of physical appearance
Texas Department of Public Safety background check update schedule: Monthly
- Criminal convictions and some traffic reports from 54 of 254 Texas counties
- Criminal report fields: name, birthdate, gender, race, charge(s), name of county, disposition description, time served, and additional data
- The following counties are included: Angelina County, Bastrop County, Bell County, Bexar County (City of San Antonio), Brazos County, Burnet County, Cameron County, Camp County, Chambers County, Collin County (last updated 2018), Comal County, Comanche County, Dallas County, Delta County, Denton County (Cities of Dallas and Fort Worth), El Paso County and Justice of the Peace Courts, Erath County and District Courts, Fort Bend County, Galveston County and District Court, Grayson County, Gregg County, Guadalupe County, Hale County, Harris County (City of Houston), Hays County, Hidaldo County, Hockley County District Court, Hopkins County Court (last updated 2015) and District Courts (last updated 2017), Jefferson County and District Courts, Johnson County and District Courts (last updated 2016), Kaufman County (last updated 2016), Kerr County, Lamar County, McLennan County, Medina County, Montgomery County and District Courts (City of Houston), Orange County, Parker County, Potter County, Rains District Court, Rockwall County, Smith County, Stafford County Municipal Court, Tarrant County Justice of the Peace Court, Taylor County, Tom Green County, Travis County and District Courts (City of Austin), Upshur County, Victoria County, Walker County, Waller County, Williamson County, Wise County, and Wood County
Texas background check court records update schedule: Varies by county and most are monthly
- Registered convicted sex offenders under supervision or incarcerated after 8/31/1996
- Sex offenders who committed crimes after 9/1/1970 (required to register)
- Sex offender search fields: name, birthdate, address, description of person, location of crime and type of crime
Sex offenders must register for ten years and sexually violent predators for life.
Texas sex offender record search update schedule: Monthly
Texas Criminal Background Checks include a free national sex offender and most wanted check.
Texas Criminal Checks by County $24.95 per county
(check for surcharges)
Results go back 7 years and take 3-7 business days to complete. Some may take longer due to court delays.
- Felony and misdemeanor convictions or deferred judgments
- Reports from the District Courts and County Courts
Texas counties that typically take longer than 7 business days to complete are: None Currently Listed
Texas Criminal Checks by county include a free national sex offender and most wanted check.
Click here for additional Texas County information.
Texas Criminal Background Data
The total rate of property crime in Texas in 2009 was 4,017 incidents per 100,000 individuals, higher than the U.S. property crime rate of 3,071.5. The breakdown of the property crime incidents was as follows: 967.4 burglary incidents, 2,740.9 larceny/theft incidents, and 308.9 motor vehicle theft incidents.
- In 2012 the population in Texas was estimated to be 26,059,203. The population increased 3.6% from April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2012.
- In 2011 there were 8.9 million households in Texas. The average household size was 2.8 people.
- 84% of the people living in Texas in 2011 were native residents of the United States. 61% of these residents were born in Texas. Of the foreign-born population in Texas (4,201,675), 67% were not U.S. citizens.
- 65% of the population in Texas (five years and older) speak only English in the home.
- In 2011 83% lived in the same house as one year earlier.
- 81% had graduated high school or had achieved a higher level of education. 26% had achieved a Bachelor’s degree or higher. 25% were in college or graduate school in 2011
Texas Criminal, Population and Household Background Data Source: U.S. Census and FBI
Other Texas Background Data
Major Cities Located in Texas: Austin in Travis County, Dallas in Collin County, Denton County, Kaufman County, and Rockwall County, Fort Worth in Tarrant County, Denton County, Parker County, and Wise County, Houston in Harris County, San Antonio in Bexar County