Instant Michigan Criminal Background Check $24.95
Instant National Criminal Background Check $59.95
Michigan Criminal Background Checks by county $24.95 each
All orders include a free national sex offender and most wanted check.
- Instant Michigan Criminal Background Check
- Michigan Criminal Background Checks by County
- Free Michigan Sex Offender Registry Search and Free Most Wanted Check
The data sources for this state have been updated. Click here (PDF) for the most up-to-date info.
Michigan Criminal Background Check $24.95 and results are returned instantly.
- Felony and misdemeanor conviction reports on offenders who have been sentenced
- Reports are maintained by the Michigan Department of Corrections (MDOC) Offender Tracking Information System OTIS
- Criminal check fields: name, birthdate, description of physical appearance, charge(s), disposition description, time served, and additional data
Michigan corrections background check update schedule: Quarterly
- Misdemeanor and felony convictions from 12 Michigan counties. The data varies from court to court and includes County Courts, Circuit Courts, and District Courts
- Criminal check fields: name, birthdate, gender, race, name of county, charge(s), disposition description, time served, and additional data
- The following counties are included: Antrim County Circuit Court, Bay County Court, Grand Traverse County Circuit Court, Ingham County Court, Jackson County District Court, Kent County 61st District Court, Leelanau County Circuit Court, Macomb County Circuit Court, St. Clair County District Court, Washtenaw County Circuit Court, and Wayne County Circuit Court
Michigan background check court records update schedule: Monthly
- Registered convicted sex offenders on parole, on probation, or incarcerated after 9/30/1995
- Sex offender search fields: name, address, birthdate, description of person, location of crime, and type of crime
Sex offenders must register for twenty-five years and repeat sex offenders must register for life.
Michigan sex offender record search update schedule: Monthly
Michigan Criminal Background Checks include a free national sex offender and most wanted check.
Michigan Criminal Checks by County $24.95 per county (check for surcharges)
Results go back 7 years and take 1-3 business days to complete. Some may take longer due to court delays.
- Felony and misdemeanor convictions or deferred judgments
- Reports from the Circuit Courts and the county seat of the District Courts
Michigan counties that typically take longer than 3 business days to complete are: Alger, Arenac, Baraga, Emmet, Huron, Iosco, Menominee, Missaukee, Oscoda, and Tuscola.
Michigan Criminal Checks by county include a free national sex offender and most wanted check.
Click here for additional Michigan County information.
Michigan Criminal Background Data
The total rate of property crime in Michigan in 2009 was 2,856 incidents per 100,000 individuals, lower than the U.S. property crime rate of 3,071.5. The breakdown of the property crime incidents was as follows: 768.1 burglary incidents, 1,790.5 larceny/theft incidents, and 297.7 motor vehicle theft incidents.
- In 2012 the population in Michigan was estimated to be 9,883,360. The population increased 0% from April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2012.
- In 2011 there were 3.8 million households in Michigan. The average household size was 2.6 people.
- 94% of the people living in Michigan in 2011 were native residents of the United States. 77% of these residents were born in Michigan. Of the foreign-born population in Michigan (604,014), 49% were not U.S. citizens.
- 91% of the population in Michigan (five years and older) speak only English in the home.
- In 2011 85% lived in the same house as one year earlier.
- 89% had graduated high school or had achieved a higher level of education. 26% had achieved a Bachelor’s degree or higher. 31% were in college or graduate school in 2011
Michigan Criminal, Population and Household Background Data Source: U.S. Census and FBI
Other Michigan Background Data
Major Cities Located in Michigan: Detroit in Wayne County, Grand Rapids in Kent County, Lansing in Eaton County and Ingham County, Sterling Heights in Macomb County, Warren in Macomb County