Instant Illinois Criminal Background Check $24.95
Instant National Criminal Background Check $59.95
Illinois Criminal Background Checks by county $24.95 each
All orders include a free national sex offender and most wanted check.
- Instant Illinois Criminal Background Check
- Illinois Criminal Background Checks by County
- Free Illinois Sex Offender Registry Search and Free Most Wanted Check
The data sources for this state have been updated. Click here (PDF) for the most up-to-date info.
Illinois Criminal Background Check $24.95 and results are returned instantly.
- Criminal conviction reports from the Illinois Department of Corrections (IDOC)
- Criminal check fields: name, alias, birthdate, gender, description of physical appearance, charge(s), status, court number, counts, date of verdict, sentence description, and current location
Illinois corrections background check update schedule: Monthly
- Felony and misdemeanor convictions from 88 of 102 Illinois counties. Data varies from court to court
- Criminal report fields: name, birthdate, gender, race, name of county, charge(s), time served, disposition description, and additional data
- The following counties are included: Adams, Alexander, Bond, Boone, Brown, Bureau, Calhoun, Carroll, Cass, Champaign, Christian, Clark, Clay, Clinton, Coles, Cook (City of Chicago), Crawford, Cumberland, DeWitt, Douglas, DuPage, Edgar, Edwards, Effingham, Fayette, Ford, Franklin, Greene, Grundy, Hamilton, Hardin, Henry, Iroquois, Jackson, Jasper, Jefferson, Jersey, Jo Daviess, Johnson, Kane (City of Aurora), Lawrence, Lee, Livingston, Logan, Macon, Macoupin, Marion, Marshall, Mason, Massac, McHenry, McLean, Menard, Mercer, Monroe, Montgomery, Morgan, Moultrie, Ogle, Peoria, Perry, Piatt, Pike, Pope, Pulaski, Putnam, Randolph, Richland, Rock Island, Saline, Sangamon, Schuyler, Scott, Shelby, St. Clair, Stark, Stephenson, Tazewell, Union, Vermilion, Wabash, Warren, Washington, Wayne, White, Whiteside, Williamson, and Woodford
Illinois background check court records update schedule: Monthly
- Violent convicted offenders against youth
- Criminal report fields: name, birthdate, description of physical appearance, current location, sentence description, date of verdict, status, counts, and charge(s)
Illinois State Police (ISP) established and maintains the Illinois Murderer and Violent Offender Against Youth Registry Database
Murderer and Violent Offender Against Youth background check update schedule: Monthly
- Offenders who are required to register with the Illinois Methamphetamine Offender Registry
- Background check fields: name, description of offense, statute, county and date of conviction, and additional data
Illinois State Police (ISP) maintains the Methamphetamine Offender Registry Database
Methamphetamine Offender Registry background check update schedule: Quarterly
- Registered convicted sex offenders released from parole, probation, or prison within the past 10 years
- Sex offender search fields: name, address, birthdate, description of person, and age range of victim
Sex offenders must register for ten years and sexual predators must register for life. If a sex offender fails to register, it may result in an additional ten years.
Illinois sex offender record search update schedule: Monthly
Illinois Criminal Background Checks include a free national sex offender and most wanted check.
Illinois Criminal Checks by County $24.95 per county (check for surcharges)
Results go back 7 years and take 1-3 business days to complete. Some may take longer due to court delays.
- Felony and misdemeanor convictions or deferred judgments
- Reports from the Circuit Courts
Illinois counties that typically take longer than 3 business days to complete are: Alexander, Calhoun, Gallatin, Massac, Peoria, and Pulaski
Illinois Criminal Checks by county include a free national sex offender and most wanted check.
Click here for additional Illinois County information.
Illinois Criminal Background Data
The total rate of property crime in Illinois in 2009 was 2,737 incidents per 100,000 individuals, lower than the U.S. property crime rate of 3,071.5. The breakdown of the property crime incidents was as follows: 603 burglary incidents, 1,927.3 larceny/theft incidents, and 206.6 motor vehicle theft incidents.
- In 2012 the population in Illinois was estimated to be 12,910,409. The population increased 0.3% from April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2012.
- In 2011 there were 4.7 million households in Illinois. The average household size was 2.7 people.
- 86% of the people living in Illinois in 2011 were native residents of the United States. 67% of these residents were born in Illinois. Of the foreign-born population in Illinois (1,798,815), 54% were not U.S. citizens.
- 77% of the population in Illinois (five years and older) speak only English in the home.
- In 2011 87% lived in the same house as one year earlier.
- 87% had graduated high school or had achieved a higher level of education. 31% had achieved a Bachelor’s degree or higher. 28% were in college or graduate school in 2011
Illinois Criminal, Population and Household Background Data Source: U.S. Census and FBI
Other Illinois Background Data
Major Cities Located in Illinois: Aurora in Kane County, Dupage County, Kedall County, and Will County, Chicago in Cook County, Joliet in Will County and Kedall County, Naperville in DuPage County and Will County, Rockford in Winnebago County