Instant South Carolina Criminal Background Check $24.95
Instant National Criminal Background Check $59.95
South Carolina Criminal Background Checks by county $24.95 each
All orders include a free national sex offender and most wanted check.
- Instant South Carolina Criminal Background Check
- South Carolina Criminal Background Checks by County
- Free South Carolina Sex Offender Registry Search and Free Most Wanted Check
The data sources for this state have been updated. Click here (PDF) for the most up-to-date info.
South Carolina Criminal Background Check $24.95 and results are returned instantly.
- Criminal reports from South Carolina Circuit Courts, County Courts, other court types and some Traffic Courts
- South Carolina court reports from all 46 SC Counties
- SC Court fields: name, birthdate, description of physical appearance, time served, charge(s), name of county, disposition description, additional data
South Carolina background check court records update schedule: Varies by county
- Misdemeanor and felony conviction reports on parolees and probationers under the supervision of the South Carolina Department of Probation, Parole and Pardon Services (SCDPPPS)
- Criminal check fields: name, gender, birthdate, race, supervision details, and description of offense
South Carolina DPPPS update schedule: Biannually
- Registered sex offenders released from prison or convicted after 1994
- Sex offender search fields: name, address, age, description of person, location of crime, and type of crime
Sex offenders must register for life.
South Carolina sex offender record search update schedule: Monthly
South Carolina Criminal Background Checks include a free national sex offender and most wanted check.
South Carolina Criminal Checks by County $24.95 per county (check for surcharges)
Results go back 7 years and take 1-3 business days to complete. Some may take longer due to court delays.
- Felony and misdemeanor convictions or deferred judgments
- Reports from the General Sessions Courts and Magistrate Courts
South Carolina counties that typically take longer than 3 business days to complete are: None Currently Listed
South Carolina Criminal Checks by county include a free national sex offender and most wanted check.
Click here for additional South Carolina County information.
South Carolina Criminal Background Data
The total rate of property crime in South Carolina in 2009 was 3,887 incidents per 100,000 individuals, higher than the U.S. property crime rate of 3,071.5. The breakdown of the property crime incidents was as follows: 991.7 burglary incidents, 2,596.7 larceny/theft incidents, and 298.7 motor vehicle theft incidents.
- In 2012 the population in South Carolina was estimated to be 4,723,723. The population increased 2.1% from April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2012.
- In 2011 there were 1.8 million households in South Carolina. The average household size was 2.6 people.
- 95% of the people living in South Carolina in 2011 were native residents of the United States. 59% of these residents were born in South Carolina. Of the foreign-born population in South Carolina (221,933), 66% were not U.S. citizens.
- 93% of the population in South Carolina (five years and older) speak only English in the home.
- In 2011 84% lived in the same house as one year earlier.
- 84% had graduated high school or had achieved a higher level of education. 24% had achieved a Bachelor’s degree or higher. 28% were in college or graduate school in 2011
South Carolina Criminal, Population and Household Background Data Source: U.S. Census and FBI
Other South Carolina Background Data
Major Cities Located in South Carolina: Charleston in Charleston County and Berkeley County, Columbia in Richland County and Lexington County, Mount Pleasant in Charleston County, North Charleston in Berkeley County, Charleston County, and Dorchester County, Rock Hill in York County