Instant Maine Criminal Background Check $24.95
Instant National Criminal Background Check $59.95
Maine Criminal Background Checks by county $24.95 each
All orders include a free national sex offender and most wanted check.
- Instant Maine Criminal Background Check
- Maine Criminal Background Checks by County
- Free Maine Sex Offender Registry Search and Free Most Wanted Check
The data sources for this state have been updated. Click here (PDF) for the most up-to-date info.
Maine Criminal Background Check $24.95 and results are returned instantly.
- Gross misdemeanor and felony conviction reports
- Criminal check fields: name, alias, birthdate, description of physical appearance, charge(s), status, case ID, name of county, date of verdict
Maine corrections background check update schedule: Monthly
- Registered convicted sex offenders sentenced on or after 9/19/1999
- Registered convicted sex offenders of gross sexual assault of a victim under 16 years of age sentenced after 6/29/1992
- Sex offender search fields: name, address, description of person, location of crime, and type of crime
Sex offenders sentenced between 6/30/1992 to 9/17/1999 must register for 15 years and those sentenced on or after 9/18/1999 must register for 10 years. Violent sex predators must register for life every 90 days.
Maine sex offender record search update schedule: Monthly
Maine Criminal Background Checks include a free national sex offender and most wanted check.
Maine Criminal Checks by County $24.95 per county (check for surcharges)
Results go back 7 years and take 5-7 business days to complete. Some may take longer due to court delays.
- Felony and misdemeanor convictions or deferred judgments
- Reports from the Superior Courts and the county seat of the District Courts
Maine counties that typically take longer than 7 business days to complete are: Aroostook, Franklin, Oxford, Piscataquis, Waldo, and York.
Maine Criminal Checks by county include a free national sex offender and most wanted check.
Click here for additional Maine County information.
Maine Criminal Background Data
The total rate of property crime in Maine in 2009 was 2,405 incidents per 100,000 individuals, lower than the U.S. property crime rate of 3,071.5. The breakdown of the property crime incidents was as follows: 510.4 burglary incidents, 1,817.1 larceny/theft incidents, and 77.5 motor vehicle theft incidents.
- In 2012 the population in Maine was estimated to be 1,329,192. The population increased 0.1% from April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2012.
- In 2011 there were 0.6 million households in Maine. The average household size was 2.3 people.
- 97% of the people living in Maine in 2011 were native residents of the United States. 64% of these residents were born in Maine. Of the foreign-born population in Maine (42,747), 44% were not U.S. citizens.
- 93% of the population in Maine (five years and older) speak only English in the home.
- In 2011 85% lived in the same house as one year earlier.
- 91% had graduated high school or had achieved a higher level of education. 28% had achieved a Bachelor’s degree or higher. 27% were in college or graduate school in 2011
Maine Criminal, Population and Household Background Data Source: U.S. Census and FBI
Other Maine Background Data
Major Cities Located in Maine: Auburn in Androscoggin County, Bangor in Penobscot County, Lewiston in Androscoggin County, Portland in Cumberland County, South Portland in Cumberland County